The history of the MOLNIJA watch and clock factory in the capital of the South Urals is connected with the name of his brother – the First Moscow Watch Factory, which was evacuated to Zlatoust during the World War II. After the war, it was decided to transfer equipment to Chelyabinsk and organize the production of watches and clocks. The first phase of the plant went into operation on November 17, 1947. This date is considered the birthday in our city of a new industry – the watch and clock industry.
In 1948, MOLNIJA released the first aviation clock AVR-M. And in the 1950s, it already produced 30,000 special clocks and more than a million pocket watches a year.